This is another awesome slow cooker recipe....this time round testing the slow cooker with beef chuck! I managed to get it right after the 2nd attempt. The first time I overcooked the beef as I under-estimated the heat of my slow cooker. For the next tried, I used low heat throughout the cooking process and the beef turned out soft and tender, oozing with sweetness! I've also added more carrots and onions as my boy requested for more of these!
Mix seasoning and vegetables together and placed into the slow cooker
Season the beef chuck evenly and place on top of the vegetables, cover lid and cook!
Recipe ref : Martha Stewart
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150ml chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200gm small potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 stick celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 kg beef chuck
- Dissolve cornflour with 2 tbsp chicken broth till smooth. In in remaining broth, tomato paste, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt & and pepper and toss well. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Season roast with 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder. Place on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours until roast is fork-tender.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and slice thinly. Place vegetables in a serving dish. Sieve the remaining juice from the slow cooker. Serve roast with vegetables and drizzled with juice.