Have you tried cooking with slow cooker other than using it for brewing soup? After discovering how the slow cooker able to churn out amazing dishes other than soup, I'm hooked! Of course this dish you are able to cook over the stove but you need to take note of the liquid or else you will burnt the whole pot. That's the good part of using a slow cooker, just throw in everything and let it simmer on its own without constantly checking whether the gravy has dried up! End result is a pot of tender moist chicken breast, just shred it up and pile between toasted bread with side salad...yummy!
place chicken breast meat & all seasoning into slow cooker
remove from slow cooker after cooking, shred and mix with gravy
Recipe source : www.recipegirl.com
- 600gm skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup homemade bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp chicken stock or water
- additional bbq sauce if necessary
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Whisk bbq sauce and italian dressing together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Turn the chicken once or twice in between the cooking time to allow the sauce to coat evenly the meat pieces.
- Remove the chicken. Combine cornflour and chicken stock and add into the slow cooker. Cook till thickened for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix well with the gravy.
- Add more bbq sauce if needed and continue to cook on low for about 30mins.
- Serve with buns and salad.
Red Cabbage & Apple Salad
- 300gm Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large Fuji Apple, peeled & cored
- handful of raisins
- handful of toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- Toss 1 tsp salt into sliced cabbage and mix evenly. Set aside for 5 mins. Rinse lightly and drained well.
- Slice apple and cut into matchstick size. Soak briefly in salted water. Drain well.
- Combine apple balsamic vinegar, olive oil and pepper. Mix well.
- Place cabbage, apple, raisins, sunflower seeds into a mixing bowl. Drizzle in dressing and toss well.
- Cling wrap and chill well before serving.