Looking back my pineapple tarts baking over the past few years, I've yet to attempt any recipe with added milk powder into the dough. Therefore this year I've decided to try out this particular recipe from Cook.Bake.Love Using one recipe I've created into 3 different patterns of pineapple tarts!
'Happy Sheep' Pineapple Tarts...This design is very popular whereby many bakers are using it for making the famous German Cookies! But I like it with filling embedded so I stuffed it with pineapple jam hahaha....
'Spring Blossom' Pineapple Tarts
'Golden Balls' Pineapple Tarts
Ingredient (approx. 95 pcs)
- 250gm salted butter
- 50gm fine sugar
- 1 tsp condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 egg
- 350gm plain flour
- 50gm milk powder
- glaze : 1 egg yolk mix with 1 tsp water
* for enclose tart : filling 1/2 level tsp, dough 8gm
- Sift flour and milk powder.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in condensed and vanilla.
- Beat in egg until well incorporated.
- Using lowest speed, mix in flour mixture in 3 batches until just combined. Use a spatula to scrape the bowl and fold in any remaining flour, do not overmix.
- Separate the dough into 2 portions. Cling wrap and chill for 30mins to firm it up.
- Take a portion of the dough out from the fridge. You can choose to stamp out the dough using a cookie cutter or roll it into a ball.
- For open tarts, roll out dough evenly, stamp out dough using pineapple cookie cutter, arrange on lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 8-10 mins. Remove from oven, egg wash and place pineapple jam filling over. Return to oven and bake for another 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- For enclosed tarts, pinch about 8gm dough and flatten it. Place in pineapple jam filling and roll into a ball. Arrange on lined baking sheet or use small paper case to hold it. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10 mins. Remove from oven and apply egg wash evenly. Return to oven and bake for another 10-12 mins until golden brown.
- For little sheep pineapple tarts, proportion similar to enclosed tarts. Pinch 2 tiny dough and roll into balls as hair, use 2 mini chocolate chips as ears and black sesame seeds for eyes. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20-25 mins till cooked.
Which is your favourite?
This post is linked to the event, Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Victoria Baking Into The Ether
This post is linked to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
Omg! So much work involved.. u r truly patient... love the efforts you put in your tarts
Tks for supporting best recipes
Your sheep one is soooo cute! I super love it.
Oh ! These lovely sheeps are so cutie!
Wow! So many different versions and made so early.
I hv always wanted to make a batch for CNY but due to bad past experience, I hv great phobia. I baked pineapple tarts from scratch once in 2006, they turned moldy just after 3 days. No idea whether it was the pineapple filling or the dough problem. =(
My fingers are itching again and may want to try again. Been looking high and low and hv found my target.
Wish me luck.
EC....hahaha I experienced mouldy PA tarts too cos of my homemade jam. Usually homemade jam is more 'wet' than the commercial type, moreover if cool down not well enough before storing will get mouldy easily.
You mean if i bake with store bought pineapple jam, then it will be fine? If so, I will consider store bought jam. LOL
EC...hehehe so far no problem with store bought one which still looks fine more than 2 weeks :D Cos store bought one usually more sugar added therefore won't get mouldy that easily.
Thanks for the adv. Will get store bought pineapple jam then.
Wow Veronica you have been baking up a storm! :P````````````````
hi...curious the chocolate chip wont melt when u bake? and may I know how many days this sheep german cookies can keep?
Anonymous... they are actually filled with pineapple jam, it can last over more than a wk! I use chilled chocolate chips and it retained its shape really well after baking.
Post a Comment