When I first came across Diana's recipe on slow cooker barbecued ribs, I knew I got to try it out! The result of the bbq ribs is so awfully fantastic! Tender and succulent bbq ribs effortless prepared in slow cooker and lightly grilled in oven, this is a recipe which I will definitely try it out again and again ^0^
Pour in BBQ sauce, cover lightly with a parchment paper and cook on low for 3.5 hours in a slow cooker.
After 3.5 hours, carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker...yes is in fallen off bone stage! Brush generously with remaining gravy and grilled @220 deg cel for 10mins
Recipe ref : thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com
with slight modifications
- 1 kg pork ribs
- 1/8 cup paprika
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp korean chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup Korean bbq sauce
- Combine paprika, sugar, chilli flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to make dry rub.
- Rub spice mixture on all sides of the ribs. Place the ribs in a ziplog bag, sealed and chill in fridge overnight.
- Remove ribs from fridge 1hour before cooking. Place it into slow cooker against the sides and leaning in like a tent. Pour bbq sauce over the ribs. Place a piece of parchment paper over the ribs and cover with the lid.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 3.5 hours or until ribs are cooked through and falling off the bone.
- Preheat oven at 220 deg cel. Carefully transfer tender ribs onto a pan. Set aside.
- Pour sauce from slow cooker through a sieve into a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 mins until thick.
- Brush the sauce on ribs and place into oven and grilled for 10mins until caramelised.