Bored with the usual buttery pineapple tarts, try this cheese pineapple tarts with a tinge of savoury taste which compliments the sweet & sour pineapple jam filling! This was actually a small batch which I've done late last year, and I brought it to my friend's gathering, no one can resist this little golden gems :D
I loved this shot which the tart looked really inviting...come bite me! hehehe ^0^
Recipe ref : Tested & Tasted
- 150gm cold butter, cubed
- 45gm icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 200gm plain flour
- 40gm corn flour
- 10gm Parmesan Cheese
- glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
- topping : shredded cheddar cheese
- Pineapple Filling
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add in cheese and sift in flour in batches, and beat till just combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions, cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Pinch a portion of dough (1/2 tbsp) place in pineapple filling (1 tsp) and seal into a ball.
- Brush tarts with egg wash and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20-25 mins until lightly brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air-tight container.
This post is linked to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.