Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CNY 2015 Cheese Pineapple Tarts

Bored with the usual buttery pineapple tarts, try this cheese pineapple tarts with a tinge of savoury taste which compliments the sweet & sour pineapple jam filling! This was actually a small batch which I've done late last year, and I brought it to my friend's gathering, no one can resist this little golden gems :D 




I loved this shot which the tart looked really inviting...come bite me! hehehe ^0^

Recipe ref : Tested & Tasted
Ingredient
  • 150gm cold butter, cubed
  • 45gm icing sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
  • 200gm plain flour
  • 40gm corn flour
  • 10gm Parmesan Cheese
  • glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
  • topping : shredded cheddar cheese
  • Pineapple Filling

Method
  1. Cream butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
  2. Add in cheese and sift in flour in batches, and beat till just combined.
  3. Divide the dough into 2 portions, cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30mins.
  4. Pinch a portion of dough (1/2 tbsp) place in pineapple filling (1 tsp) and seal into a ball.
  5. Brush tarts with egg wash and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20-25 mins until lightly brown.
  7. Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air-tight container.

This post is linked to the event, Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.


I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Victoria Baking Into The Ether 


6 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

Bountiful of filling and we can only get these when the tarts are homemade... absolutely inviting tarts indeed... nom nom nom

Tks for linking to best recipes

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

You are killing me with your last pic... I can't look at it anymore!!!

Got to try this recipe... It looks and sounds really good.

Zoe

Baby Sumo said...

Cheesy pineapple tarts, that would be a first for me! Sounds good.

Cynthia said...

Did you make your own pineapple jam? I wonder which brand is good this year

Peng said...

Cynthia....I too lazy and busy to make own jam this year! If not using homemade one, I always use Bake King only :)

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

Oh wow!! This has so much filling! My hb will love them much much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails