What's so special with this plate of creamy pasta? Check out below :D
Raw pasta (I've used linguine) threaded into the cut sausages! My lil princess : "Are you making spider?"
It does look like a spider!! So cute isn't it!?
Making of the creamy sauce to go with the threaded spaghetti ;) Yah I just grab a bottle of creamy pasta sauce off shelves. Fast and simple, just top with more greens to balance the meal :)
Recipe by Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 4 Tatsumoto Japanese Pork Sausages, cut into 6 chunks
- 200gm linguine (I've chosen this as it is thicker and won't break as much during the threading process)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2.5 cups Mushroom & Herbs Pasta Sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Break 100gm linguine into half sticks. Gently thread 5 pasta sticks into the cut sausages. Repeat till all sausages are threaded.
- Bring a pot of water (added 1 tsp salt) to rolling boil. Add in thread pasta with sausages into the pot. Reduce heat to medium and cook till pasta are cooked through. Remove threaded pasta from the pot and set aside. Cover and keep warm.
- Bring the same pot of water to boil. Add in the remaining linguine and cook till al dente. At the last 5 mins, add in broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Pour the sauce into a saucepan. When it starts to boil, toss in the drained pasta, broccoli & cauliflower into the sauce and mix evenly. Add in about 1/2 cup of pasta water into the mixture if the sauce is too thick for your liking. Add pepper to taste.
- Divide creamy pasta into individual serving paste and top with threaded sausages. Serve immediately.
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.