This lovely golden pumpkin butter cake is a hit by my family members that I baked it in 2 consecutively as not enough to go around! This is really a very delicious butter cake with melts-in-the mouth texture, that's why I think everyone love it :)
- 200gm butter
- 150gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 5 large eggs
- 300gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200gm soft steamed pumpkin flesh
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in half of the flour and baking powder, on low speed and beat till well combined.
- Add in pumpkin and beat till well incorporated.
- Sift in remaining flour and beat till just combined.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" cake pan and sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
I baked this too, is yummy!
yours pumpkin cake looks absolutely yummy with the pumpkin seeds topping. Like it!
Post a Comment