Oh both of my kids love soup that's why I try to cook soup every other day! Besides the usual ABC soup, assorted carrot soup, winter melon soup, old cucumber soup etc.... I started to explore more variety ways of preparing soup since I got a copy of ‘100 种 最好喝鸡汤’ from the library. 100 types! hahaha will take some time to attempt all but I will only select those that looks appealing to me and of course suitable for the kids' palate :) Wanna try this super nourishing and cooling soup today?!
Get the largest coconut, stuffed in softened white fungus, huai shan, wolf berries, chicken drumstick and some fresh coconut water + water. I did not add in all the coconut water as the taste of the soup will be too overwhelming. So if you fill in 1/2 cup coconut water, top up with 1/4 cup water to dilute the liquid. Fill in as much liquid as you can to submerge all the ingredients. Cover and steam for 1.5 hours :)
Recipe ref : ‘100 种 最好喝鸡汤’ 杨桃文化
- 2 fresh coconuts
- 2 fresh chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp wolfberries, rinsed
- 1/4 cup softened white fungus
- 10gm dried huai shan, presoaked in hot water
- chicken stock powder to taste
- Crack open the tip of the coconut and pour out the coconut juice. Place the coconut into a bowl big enough to contain it to prevent toppling.
- Chop the drumstick into bite size. Blanch briefly in boiling water.
- Place chicken, wolfberries, white fungus, huai shan equally into both coconuts. Fill in 2 portions of coconut juice and 1 portion of water.
- Steam over preheated steamer for 1.5 hours. Add in stock powder and serve immediately.
This soup looks delicious, and cooking it in coconut shells must be really fragrant, especially with the coconut juice! Lovely! Thanks for sharing with CYB!
Post a Comment