Tick Tock Tick Tock....feeling really lazy nowadays and looking through my blog and realised there are still a hundred over of draft posts pending! *gasps* How on earth am I going to
clear share all these recipes I've attempted....I really don't know. Hope all the blog hopping will keep my blogging momentum to continue...hopefully....
Let's come back to this recipe today :D Carrot Meat Dumpling! Besides the filling with added shredded carrot, the dough is made up with carrot (fresh carrot juice) too! Not a simple straight forward recipe as it required some effort in preparing the filling and juicing the carrot juice for the dough. I love homemade dumpling but dislikes the process of making... kneading, rolling, pleating...Takes up a lot of time just to make a handful and disappear in minutes when it is served on the table! hahaha....I even contemplating to make some rainbow dumplings....maybe one fine day I will try this out!
Recipe source: 'Dumplings' by 李银焕
Ingredient (20 dumplings)
- 150gm minced pork
- 150gm cabbage
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms, softened
- 75gm carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp chinese wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 265gm wheat starch, 澄粉
- 40gm potato starch, 生粉
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup fresh carrot juice (not pre-packed)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Blanch cabbage in boiling water till soften. Rinse in cold water and squeeze out excess water. Chop finely.
- Combine minced pork, cabbage, mushroom and carrots with seasoning. Mix till mixture is sticky.
- Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Place carrot juice in a saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from fire and pour the hot liquid into the flour mixture.
- Stir quickly using a wooden spoon to form a rough dough. Cover and rest for 5 mins.
- Grease hand with oil. Knead the dough till smooth. Divide dough into 20 equal portions. Cover the dough and proceed with the wrapping process.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a piece of dough into a round thin disc. Put in tbsp of filling and seal the wrapper by pinching the edge. Pleat to form patterns. Put the dumplings on a greased steaming plate. Repeat till all dough are wrapped.
- Bring steamer to boil. Steam the dumplings over high heat for 8 mins. Lightly brush the dumplings with some sesame oil and cool down slightly before serving.
Really loves the translucent orangy skin after steaming!
Nice! Skin is not too thick and packed with right amount of fillings :)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
wow, you have so many drafted posts pending to be posted! I have a few dozens as well!
Your dumplings looks really good! using carrots is a super delicious idea!
Thanks for sharing with CYB!
Wow, 100 over draft posts, that sounds like my case. I have 100+ draft posts but some are recipes that have not been tried out yet. Your carrot dumplings look great, very healthy and wholesome! I admire the effort you spent on this dish, I am sure it is all worth it when you see how your family members snap up your dumplings. =)
Post a Comment