It's been ages I've baked a quick bread, the last attempt was like in 2012! Guess is time to revisit some interesting quick bread recipe :D The word 'quick' indicated that it is a super easy and fast bread to prepare, just like baking muffins whereby the dry ingredients are folded into the wet ingredients. Usually pumpkin bread are loaded with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove & ginger. As I do not the spice flavours to be overpowering and to make it are appealing to the kids, I've reduced the amount of spices used and added chocolate chips into the batter! 'thumbs up' Lovely loaf with moist and tender crumbs and bits of chocolate chips embedded :D
Ingredient (3 small loaves)
- 450gm fresh pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 250ml rice bran oil
- 85ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 220gm sugar
- 420gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- optional : choice of chocolate chips, raisins or nuts
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, buttermilk, vanilla and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Sift the dry ingredients in 3 batches and lightly beat until just blended. Do not overmix. Fold in your desired topping. (I've used chocolate chips)
- Pour the batter into 3 small disposable pans. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 60mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
This is a food gift basket (homemade granola, homemade strawberry jam & pumpkin quick bread) I've come up with as a house warming gift! Hopefully my friend and her family will like this little gift of mine :D
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.