This is my new favourite food for the week, homemade granola! Never know that it is so simple to make and it tasted so fantastic. No more grabbing a box of cereal off-shelf from the supermarket again!
Mixing the rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, almond flakes with honey mixture and ready to pop into oven for baking.
Serving the homemade granola with natural greek yogurt, no additional sweetener needed, so natural and healthy ^.*
- 300gm old-fashioned rolled oats
- 75gm sliced almonds
- 45gm sunflower seeds
- 45gm pumpkins seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 120ml honey
- 1 cup dried fruits (cranberries, apricots, figs, sultanas)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine rolled oat, nuts, seeds, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir oil and honey together. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together to ensure that all ingredients are well coated with the liquid.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Stir occasionally to the mixture will brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Break up any large clumps of granola while the mixture is still warm. Cool completely (mix in dried fruits at this point) before storing in an airtight container in the fridge
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
I simply love your homemade granola!
It's so healthy and easy to make.
Thanks for sharing.
Looks really simple to put together! I have everything except chia seeds. But can I use instant oats instead of rolled oats?
Miss B...not sure with instant oats as all recipes I come across all using old fashioned rolled oats. Instant oats (finer texture) may not be that crunchy compare to rolled oats (thicker).
Oh I see, I never knew the difference between instant oats and rolled oats, so there is a difference in texture. Thanks for letting me know !
Miss B...rolled oats require longer cooking time whereas instant oats you can just add hot milk over, stir and serve :)
Post a Comment