I enjoy eating various kinds of steamed Nonya kueh but not my kids, they only like Ondeh Ondeh! This kind of steamed kueh not able to keep well as they usually contain coconut milk. So who is gonna help me finish a whole tray of steamed kueh? Hahaha have to force hubby to help me finish it then! ^o^
After steaming and waiting for it to cool completely before slicing.
The texture of this pumpkin layer kuih is soft and custardy, similar to kuih seri muka, just without the glutinous rice layer :)
- 250ml water
- 120gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves, knotted
- 125gm plain flour
- 60gm rice flour
- 25gm cornflour
- 25oml thick coconut milk
- 250ml water
- 125ml thick coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Cook (A) until sugar dissolve, let it cool and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix (B), add in the cooked syrup mixture from (A) , mix well.
- Strain the mixture and divide into 2 portions.
- Add in (C) to one of the mixture.Divide into 3 portions.
- Add (D) into the other half. Divide into 3 portions.
- Prepared 8 inch tray. Lightly grease and line with heat proofed clingwrap.
- Pour 1st portion of pumpkin mixture onto the prepared tray and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the 1st portion of coconut milk mixture onto the cooked 1st pumpkin layer, steam for another 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat the process until finish.For the last layer, steam for 20 minutes. You'll get 3 layers of white color (coconut) kuih and 3 layers of pumpkin kuih.
- Cool down completely before slicing.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
Hi Peng, I guess this is the beauty of baking, there are so many good recipes waiting for us to explore. Your kueh lapis looks yummy and same with me, I also distribute away my kueh coz cant eat much, hi hi
This pumpkin lapis is very hot recently. Btw, how many pumpkins have you cut open already? I just cut open a big 1.8 kg butternut squash, giving me 1.2 kg of butternut. Today I just made baozi with it, tomorrow still gotta think what to do. Hehe, I am turning yellow already :)
Eileen Lee....let's continue our passion!
Miss B...hahaha yes turning yellow already after using up 3 big pumpkin and 2 butternut...."gasp"
Post a Comment