Ingredient (24 pcs)
- 360gm plain flour
- 25gm custard powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 50gm icing sugar
- 50gm shortening
- 200gm salted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 850gm lotus paste
- 100gm toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water for glazing
- Cream sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla together until light. Add in egg and beat till combined.
- Sift in flour, custard powder and soda and beat lightly till a dough is formed, do not over beat.
- Keep dough in a air-tight container and chill in fridge overnight.
- Take out dough from fridge and divide into 30gm each.
- Divide fillings into 24 portions, approx 40gm each.
- Wrap fillings into dough and decorate with extra walnuts. Apply egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 10mins. Remove from oven and rest for 10mins. Apply egg wash again and bake for another 15mins until golden brown.
Didn't make any mooncakes this year, come and eat yours. Happy Mid Autumn Festival! :)
Post a Comment