An interesting story behind this dish :) ：A widow 窦娥 (dou er) living with her sickly mother-in-law, they were very poor...On one particular day, she was thinking what to prepare for her sick MIL as not much food were left in the house, then she saw some dried glass noodle left and she just cook it with some minced, garlic, ginger & spring onion....When the food was served to her MIL, being old so she could not see clearly and thought she saw some black spots on the dish, "why are there ants on the noodle?" she exclaimed. But her MIL finished everything as the noodle was very delicious! So 窦娥 named this dish as 蚂蚁上树 Ma Yi Shang Shu!
- 200gm glass noodles, soaked and drained
- 200gm minced pork
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp spicy bean paste (I use non spicy)
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- 100ml water
- 3 stalk spring onion, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan and saute ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add minced meat and stir fry evenly. Break up the meat using the spatula.
- Add glass noodle and seasoning and stir well for 3mins.
- Toss over spring onion and mix well. Remove from fire and serve.
i always love fried glass noodle ! :)
I love this dish very much. You made it.
Post a Comment