Muffin recipes usually yields 12 standard size and I always halve the recipe to get at least 6 muffins which we can consume within 1-2 days. At times I do bake full recipe but will end up cannot finish them in time and I do not have the habit of freezing muffins! Fresh muffins always taste the best :) Like today I've baked this interesting muffin which incorporate cooked quinoa into the batter, hubby ate 1 and packed 2 to work, dear son ate 1, me and daughter shared 1 and left ONE for dear son to bring to school tomorrow, hehehe no more left and I can start trying new muffins recipe again :) Am glad that my family members loves the taste of these muffins :) The texture is very light and very mouthful able to bite on the chewy quinoa.
Ingredient (yields 6 muffins)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 125gm plain flour
- 80gm light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 65ml olive oil
- 180ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200 deg cel.
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till quinoa is tender, about 10-12 mins. Drain away water. Measure 1 cup cooked quinoa for use. (balance cooked quinoa? discard? no lah, just mix into your normal cooked white rice and eat hehehe)
- Sift flour, baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, salt & 1 cup quinoa.
- Whisk oil, milk, egg & vanilla together. Pour mixture into the flour and fold just till combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cases until 80% full. Reduce oven to 180 deg cel and bake for 25-30mins until cooked through and lightly brown. Best serve warm.
Aiyaya! Quinoa in muffins. What a good idea. I have been curious about quinoa and what to do with it. OK, to the organic store this evening!
Post a Comment