Ingredient (24 pcs)
- 200gm icing sugar, sieved
- 120gm egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 70gm milk
- 190gm peanut oil
- 550gm plain flour
- 65gm custard powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 50gm melon seeds, toasted
- 900gm green tea lotus paste
- 360gm red bean paste
Glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
- Combine melon seeds and green tea lotus paste. Roll into 24 portions.
- Roll red bean paste into 20gm each. Wrap into green tea lotus paste and shape round. Set aside.
- Beat A until well mix. Add in B and beat till a soft dough is formed. Dough should be soft and non sticky to handle. Shape into 60gm each.
- Wrap up the filling and shape into round shape. Place on baking tray and glaze with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10mins. Remove from oven, glaze again and garnish with some melon seeds. Return to oven and continue to bake for another 15min or until golden brown. (overbaking will cause the mooncakes to crack)