hmmm where are the cranberries?.....
here I am!! beneath the loaf! ^.*
Wonder why the western called this quick bread? Maybe it is baked in a loaf pan and shape like a loaf of bread?? hehehe but it does not have a bread texture. This cranberry cornmeal quick bread is very moist and buttery, and it is a beautiful loaf with fresh cranberries embedded at the bottom!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- 100gm unsalted butter + 30gm extra
- 80gm + 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 80gm fresh cranberries
- 60gm plain flour
- 1/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp candied ginger, chopped
- Melt 30gm butter and 1.5 tbsp sugar in a saucepan. Add cranberries and stir to coat. Cook until cranberries begin to pop, about 1 min. Scoop mixture into a lined 7" x 3" loaf pan, evenly cover the bottom
- Cream remaining butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in egg and beat till combine.
- Sift over flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda & salt until combine. Fold in ginger.
- Pour batter into pan over cranberries, smoothen the top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins until golden brown.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for 10mins. Invert pan and cool completely, cranberry side up.