Went to the market this morning with no idea what to prepare for today lunch and dinner >.< Just grab, pay and go hahaha. While preparing simple lunch : soup + steamed fish + stir fry vegetable, at the same time thinking what's for dinner, muti-tasking?! hahaha....Then saw a head of beijing cabbage in the fridge and some roast pork I've bought in the morning and realised I can whip up some cabbage rice!! Here is what we have for dinner, a hearty pot of 'Kiam Png' Cabbage Rice with Roast Pork! :) Happy Weekend Ahead!!
- 240gm rice, washed and drained
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 8 pcs dried shitake mushroom, soaked and sliced thinely
- 150gm roast pork, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp dried prawns, softened and chopped
- 300ml water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in wok, saute onion, garlic, mushroom & dried prawn until fragrant for about 2mins.
- Add in cabbage & roast pork and stir fry for a mix briefly.
- Add in rice and seasoning and mix evenly.
- Transfer rice mixture into a rice cooker and add in water. Cook as usual.
- Fluff up the rice evenly before serving.
Nostalgia - I used to eat this as a kid.
this sounds delicious :)
This is nice! I haven't thought of putting cabbage in fried rice :)
Ur kiam png looks very delicious.
When I run out of idea (or time) first time I think of is kiam png aka one-pot rice because it is so versatile. Haha.
Post a Comment