This is a impromptu dish I've prepared yesterday. Everything just base on my 'agaration', ok taste not too bad but still got room for improvement :)
Nasi Lemak with Sambal Udang, Turmeric Selar & Sunnyside Up, something missing...Sambal Chilli! Will try cooking this next round :)
- 200gm white rice
- 2 blade pandan leaves, knotted
- 200gm thick coconut milk
- 250gm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash and drain rice. Place all ingredient in a casserole. Steam over preheated steamer for 15min until cook through.
- Rest cooked rice for a while before serving.
Homemade Chilli Boh
* 50gm dried chilli, softened in water and deseeded
* 10 fresh red chilli, deseeded
Method : Blend the chillies in a food processor until smooth, store in fridge till use.
* 250gm small prawn, shelled
* 1 heap tbsp chilli boh
* 1 medium red onion, slice
* 1 heap tbsp tamarind paste, dissolved in a rice bowl of water
*1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok, add chilli boh and fry for 1 min until fragrant & glossy.
- Add in sliced onion and stir fry for another min.
- Add in tamarind water (you may adjust by adding less or more depend on how saucy you want the gravy), and bring to boil. Add in salt & sugar to taste. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Add in prawns and mix evenly and cook through. Serve.
Turmeric Ikan Selar
* 3 Selar, cleaned
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 tsp turmeric powder
* 1 heap tbsp cornflour
- Marinate fish with salt & turmeric powder for at least 30mins.
- Coat lightly with corn flour.
- Heat some oil in pan, pan fry fish till golden brown on both sides. Drain well and serve.