This is a impromptu dish I've prepared yesterday. Everything just base on my 'agaration', ok taste not too bad but still got room for improvement :)
Nasi Lemak with Sambal Udang, Turmeric Selar & Sunnyside Up, something missing...Sambal Chilli! Will try cooking this next round :)
- 200gm white rice
- 2 blade pandan leaves, knotted
- 200gm thick coconut milk
- 250gm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash and drain rice. Place all ingredient in a casserole. Steam over preheated steamer for 15min until cook through.
- Rest cooked rice for a while before serving.
Homemade Chilli Boh
* 50gm dried chilli, softened in water and deseeded
* 10 fresh red chilli, deseeded
Method : Blend the chillies in a food processor until smooth, store in fridge till use.
* 250gm small prawn, shelled
* 1 heap tbsp chilli boh
* 1 medium red onion, slice
* 1 heap tbsp tamarind paste, dissolved in a rice bowl of water
*1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok, add chilli boh and fry for 1 min until fragrant & glossy.
- Add in sliced onion and stir fry for another min.
- Add in tamarind water (you may adjust by adding less or more depend on how saucy you want the gravy), and bring to boil. Add in salt & sugar to taste. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Add in prawns and mix evenly and cook through. Serve.
Turmeric Ikan Selar
* 3 Selar, cleaned
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 tsp turmeric powder
* 1 heap tbsp cornflour
- Marinate fish with salt & turmeric powder for at least 30mins.
- Coat lightly with corn flour.
- Heat some oil in pan, pan fry fish till golden brown on both sides. Drain well and serve.
It's wonderful you can come up with something as delicious as this on impromtu basis! Nasi lemak and sambal udang is a great combo. I like the ikan selar with kunyit too.
Yum! I like everything on the plate! Looks delicious!
Post a Comment