When hubby tasted the 奶酥面包, asking : 'u bought one??' nope I bake one!......and he gave me an impressive look hahaha...really loves this buttery creamy fillings :D :D
65C Tangzhong, Water Roux
Ingredient (portion enough for 10 buns)
- 125gm fresh milk/ water
- 25gm high protein flour
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, add in flour and stir till flour is well dissolved.
- Cook over low heat and whisk continuously till a smooth paste is formed (I do not have a thermo to check whether the dough reaches 65C, but it roughly takes about 2mins)
- Cover the paste with a cling wrap touching the surface, leave to cool completely before using.
Ingredient (for 5 bun)
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 40gm icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 10gm egg
- 50gm milk powder
- Cream butter, icing sugar & salt until light. Beat in eggs until well blended.
- Fold in milk powder until a smooth batter formed. Ready to use.
Ingredient (10 buns)
- 230gm bread flour
- 70gm cake flour
- 20gm milk powder
- 50gm sugar
- 4gm salt
- 6gm instant yeast
- 30gm egg
- 100gm iced water
- 100gm water roux
- 30gm unsalted butter
Fillings for 奶酥面包
- 150gm 奶酥馅
- 30gm cranberries
- dessicated coconut for coating
Fillings for 黄金起司面包
- 3 slices honey ham, shredded
- 3 slices cheese
- parmesan cheese for coating
- Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, salt, yeast & water roux and mix briefly.
- Add in egg & water and combine into a rough dough. Knead for 5mins.
- Add in softened butter and knead for another 5mins until a smooth & elastic dough is formed. Proof for 60mins.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide into 10 equal portions and shape into round. Rest for 15mins.
- Roll out each dough and wrap with fillings. Brush surface with some water and coated with some dessicated coconut/parmesan cheeese. Proof for another 40mins or until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from ‘超简单面包精选’