Seems like quite some time I've did not cook any chicken dishes!! Both kids having been coughing on and off for almost 2 months. Starting with their new course of medications, finally can see some improvement , especially for my boy . For my understanding it is best to avoid chicken when having cough as it will aggravate the conditions, that's why I've not been cooking chicken for very long!
Today cooked this for my lunch, kids have their pumpkin, broccoli & minced porridge. Tonight will prepare some pasta to go along with this creamy chicken. It is so rich & creamy, loves mopping up the gravy with toasted baguette!
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped into 2
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 back bacon, roughly chopped
- 200-250ml chicken stock
- 250gm potatoes, cut into chunks
- 100gm cream cheese, softened
- 100gm green peas
- 100gm sweetcorn kernels
- 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Clean chicken pieces dry with kitchen paper. Season with salt & black pepper all over. Dust flour evenly over.
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chicken all over. Remove chicken pieces and set aside. Using the same pan, toss in bacon and fry till crispy.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan. Add 1/2 cup stock, cover and simmer for 20mins.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook for another 10mins until potatoes are tender and chicken are cooked through.
- Stir in cheese and vegetables and remaining stock. Simmer for another 5mins, uncovered. Serve with toasted bread.