I simply loves this cake!! so moist and the crumbs is so tender, almost like melt-in-the mouth! As I do not have poppy seeds on hand, I replace it with black sesame seeds!! Check out Lena, Joyce, Zoe, to see how their cake turns out to be :D :D
Ingredient (from Rose's Heavenly Cakes)
Yield 1 18cm Bundt Cake
- 1 large egg +12gm egg yolk
- 100gm plain yoghurt (I use marigold brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 150gm cake flour
- 75gm sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zest
- 25gm toasted black sesame
- 100gm unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven at 160 deg cel, grease and flour a 18cm bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the whole eggs, yolk, 30gm plain yoghurt and vanilla, just until lightly combined.
- In the bowl sift in flour, baking powder and baking powder. Stir in sugar, salt, lemon zest & sesame seeds.
- Add the butter and the remaining sour cream. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the speed to medium and beat for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Starting on low speed, gradually add the egg mixture in 2 parts, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure Using a spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in comes out clean.The cake should start to shrink from the pan after removal from the oven.
- 50gm sugar
- 45ml lemon juice
In a small saucepan, heat the sugar and lemon juice, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved. Do not allow it to boil, cover it tightly to prevent evaporation.
As soon as the cake comes out from oven, place the pan on a wire rack, poke the cake all over with a thin skewer and brush it with one third of the syrup. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 mins, invert them on to a plate and brush the top and sides of the cake with the remaining syrup. Cool completely and wrap airtight.