Who can resist doughnuts especially kids right? It is such a sinful and rather unhealthy snack to enjoy which I rarely buy over the counter for the kids and of course I find it rather expensive to pay for a doughnut too! hahaha stingy Mummy :P Anyway it is really easy and simple to make some doughnuts at home and with added healthy ingredients like pumpkin up the nutritious value for this deep fried pastry :)
Oooh so soft texture!
Cut out doughnuts before frying
Undecorated fried pumpkin doughnuts
Ingredient (8 doughnuts)
- 200gm plain flour
- 50gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp instant yeast
- 100gm pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 25gm butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 50ml water
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add in pumpkin puree, condensed milk, butter and egg yolk and mix well.
- Gradually add in water and knead till a smooth dough is formed. Continue to knead till dough is soft and elastic.
- Cover and rest dough for 15mins.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough and cut out with a donut cutter. Place it on a lined baking sheet. Cover and rest for another 20mins.
- Heat some oil in a medium pot. Deep fry donuts, in batches, over medium fire until golden brown on both sides. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Coat the doughnut with sugar while they are still warm.
- Alternative : Cool down doughnut completely before coating them with melted compound chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.