Oh both of my kids love soup that's why I try to cook soup every other day! Besides the usual ABC soup, assorted carrot soup, winter melon soup, old cucumber soup etc.... I started to explore more variety ways of preparing soup since I got a copy of ‘100 种 最好喝鸡汤’ from the library. 100 types! hahaha will take some time to attempt all but I will only select those that looks appealing to me and of course suitable for the kids' palate :) Wanna try this super nourishing and cooling soup today?!
Get the largest coconut, stuffed in softened white fungus, huai shan, wolf berries, chicken drumstick and some fresh coconut water + water. I did not add in all the coconut water as the taste of the soup will be too overwhelming. So if you fill in 1/2 cup coconut water, top up with 1/4 cup water to dilute the liquid. Fill in as much liquid as you can to submerge all the ingredients. Cover and steam for 1.5 hours :)
Recipe ref : ‘100 种 最好喝鸡汤’ 杨桃文化
- 2 fresh coconuts
- 2 fresh chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp wolfberries, rinsed
- 1/4 cup softened white fungus
- 10gm dried huai shan, presoaked in hot water
- chicken stock powder to taste
- Crack open the tip of the coconut and pour out the coconut juice. Place the coconut into a bowl big enough to contain it to prevent toppling.
- Chop the drumstick into bite size. Blanch briefly in boiling water.
- Place chicken, wolfberries, white fungus, huai shan equally into both coconuts. Fill in 2 portions of coconut juice and 1 portion of water.
- Steam over preheated steamer for 1.5 hours. Add in stock powder and serve immediately.