I'm so excited on my 2nd attempt of this Milo Chiffon as it turned out beautifully (first attempt the cake collasped due to incorrect proportion of liquid, flour & milo powder) I quickly shared the recipe (prior posting on my blog) with one of my baking buddy, she tried it out and given double thumbs up! ^0^
Cracks! The cake rises quite high in the oven therefore too close to the top heat element...hahaha my oven too small lah....the cooling rack lines still visible on the surface after overturned it for cooling ^.^
This Milo Chiffon turned out even taller than the Kumquat Jam Chiffon I've done previously!
Fine and fluffy texture with rich chocolate taste! nom nom nom....
Ingredient (9" chiffon pan)
- 80gm egg yolks (4 yolks)
- 40gm sugar
- 100ml corn oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 160gm cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150ml warm milk
- 150gm Milo powder (not 3-1 drink)
- 250gm cold egg whites (approx 6-7 eggs)
- 60gm sugar
- Combine Milo powder with warm milk and stir till powder is well dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in oil, vanilla and milk mixture and stir well to combine.
- Sift in flour and salt and mix till smooth batter formed.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat cold egg whites on high speed till bubbly. Beat in sugar gradually until stiffed peak formed.
- Scoop 1/3 of the beaten whites into the Milo batter. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the balanced whites and gently fold till well combine.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9" tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45 mins.
- Remove pan from oven and invert onto wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.