It's been ages I've eaten Roti John and so far I've yet to introduce this food to my kids too :P This is a very common and popular food in Singapore and can be served anytime of the day! Instead of serving rice or porridge for lunch, I prepared this simple Roti John as lunch for the kids and of course for myself too :D
The main ingredients : medium long buns (gardenia brand), small canned sardines and an egg
Spread on the filling and top with sliced butter!
Crisp and tasty Roti John!
^0^ Kid's Meal : Roti John shaped into a little car, mushroom wheels, cauliflower clouds, cheese sun, cucumber greenland
Recipe source : WendyinKK
- 2 medium long buns (Gardenia brand)
- some butter
- 1 tbsp fried anchovies, lightly crushed
- 1 150gm canned sardin
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded & roughly chopped
- some sliced onions
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped chinese parsley
- 1 egg
- dash of pepper
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Combine all the fillings together.
- Heat up HappyCall Pan (HCP), split the bun and toast the bun (cut side up) one at a time, for 1 min. Remove the bun from pan.
- Spread the fillings evenly onto the toasted split bun. Top with some thin butter slices.
- Place bun, one at a time, filling side down onto heated HCP and pan fried on medium heat until filling is crisp and fragrant. Remove from heat and proceed to cook the other buns.
- Slice roti john and serve with chilli dipping sauce.
Post a Comment