This is a creative way I've discovered in a book of preparing pizza. Instead of using bread based, layers of golden panfried potatoes is used. I utilised whatever I have in the fridge, ham & shimeiji mushroom as the fillings instead of following the exact ingredients indicated in the recipe book :) You too can used any fillings you prefer :)
Kid's Platter ^0^
Arrange cooked potatoes to form base, top with shredded cheese followed by fillings. Finished with another layer of potatoes and cheese, grilled till golden brown.
Crispy cheesy potato layers...so yummylicious!!
Recipe ref : "我要当食神" Wonder Chef
- 2 Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 slices honey ham, diced
- 1 cup shimeiji mushroom
- 1/2 cup pineapple cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded mozzeralla cheese
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Pan fry sliced potatoes, in batches, until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté onion until golden brown.
- Add in shimeiji mushroom and stir fry for 2 mins until soften. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss in ham and stir evenly. Remove from heat.
- On a lined baking sheet, arrange a layer of cooked potatoes to form a base. Sprinkle some mozzarella over. Top with some mushroom and ham mixture and pineapple cubes over the cheese.
- Arrange another layer of cooked potatoes over the filling, press down lightly to flatten the pizza. Sprinkle some mozzarella over.
- Turn on top heat of the oven and grill for 10 mins till cheese melted and golden brown.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July 2014 Event: Potato) - organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)
Wow, a cute and delicious meal! You have made such a pretty and cute bento-sytle meal, that is very appealing to kids and the kids in us! :)
I like this pizza potato style! Looks really delicious!
Your kids must be very happy eating this very unique pizza made by you. Like your kid's platter... Very cute!
Post a Comment