This is another good way to use up jams :D The little butter and nutty thumbprint cookie is really very addictive, I could not stop at one! By end of the day 20 pieces of cookies were all consumed, not even crumbs left hahaha...
Roll the dough into balls, dip in egg whites, coat with chopped nuts, indent it and finally fill up with cheese & jam.
Recipe source : Joy of Baking
Ingredient (20 cookies)
- 110gm unsalted butter
- 50gm white sugar
- 1 large egg, separate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 125gm plain flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 80gm toasted pecans/walnuts/almonds, finely chopped
- kumquat/roselle jam (or choice of your favourite jam)
- cream cheese
- Using a electric whisk, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat well.
- Add in flour and salt and beat until just combined. Gather the mixture into a round ball, wrap and chill for 30mins.
- Whisk egg white until frothy. Place finely chopped nuts on a plate. Take out dough from fridge. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll into balls. Take one ball of dough at a time, dip into egg white then lightly roll in the nuts. Place on a lined baking sheet, spacing about 1" apart.
- Using your thumb, make a indentation into the centre of each cookie. Fill in with some cream cheese followed by tsp of jam.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15 mins or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.