Another brand new start of the week, let's us enjoy a hearty breakfast to start the day! How about a plate of crisp and golden potato fritters a.k.a Rosti along with some sausages & salads? :D
Simple as ABC only 3 main ingredients russet potatoes, onions & egg!
Toss and add in some seasoning follow by frying them in pan :D Simple right?!
Recipe source : Periplus Mini Cookbooks
- 3 russet potatoes, approx 500gm, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Grate potatoes and onion into a bowl. Cup handfuls of mixture in hand and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and egg to the potato mixture. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Place 2 heaped tbsp of the mixture and carefully spread out with the back of a fork to flatten. Cook until underside is brown and crisp. Turn over and cook other side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with your choice of salad and sausages.
Add on some sausages and salad, a hearty breakfast is ready to be served.
Finding it tedious to fry the fritters individually? Try cooking the whole mixture in Happycall Pan! Effortless and mess free :D By cooking in HCP, I used 2 russet potato and 1 small onion which yield a thinner pancake.
- Grease both side of pans generously with oil, cover and heat up pan.
- Pour in grated potatoes mixture and spread evenly over the pan.
- Lock the pan and cook over medium heat for about 8 mins until golden brown, shift the pan from sides to sides twice to ensure even browning.
- Flip the pan and cook the other side of the fritters for about 6 mins, unlock the pan and cook for about another 2 mins till crispy and golden brown.
- Flip the pan again (top side facing up) and cut the fritters into 4 servings.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July 2014 Event: Potato) - organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)