This is the first time I uses Cajun for cooking! It is a versatile condiments which and be used on fish and chicken. This morning I went to market and bought a red snapper and prepared this baked fish with cajun again. This time round I did not manage to make any salsa to go with the dish which I find it quite dull without the salsa :P
Mango & Lime Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 spring onion, chopped
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients and toss gently. Cover and chill for 30mins before serving.
- 500gm seabass/ red snapper
- 1.5 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Make 3 slashes on each side of the fish. Rub in the seasoning into the slashes and cavity.
- Place the fish on a lined baking tray and bake over preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20 mins.
- Turn on grill mode and cook for another 2 mins to char the skin. Serve with mango & lime salsa.