Last weekend got some nice pork ribs from my mother-in-law, and decided to try out Wendy's 黄豆酱炖排骨 which I've bookmarked !! Lovely tasty pork stew to go along with some noodle for lunch today :D
Beautiful looking pork ribs :D Layers of even fats....
Recipe adapted from Wendy's Blog
- 500gm pork ribs
- 50gm ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4gm dried chilli, seeds removed and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 50gm bean paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Shao xing wine
- salt to taste (how much depends on water level and the saltiness of your bean paste)
- coriander for garnish
- Blanch pork ribs briefly in boiling water. Drain away liquid.
- Heat pot with 2 tbsp oil. Put in sliced shallots and ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Put in dried chilli and bean paste and fry for a while.
- Put in pork ribs and cook until the surface looks opaque.
- Pour in enough water to cover and put in bay leaf, star anise, shaoxing wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour..
- Do final seasoning with salt and sprinkle on coriander and it’s ready to serve.