It's been a really long time I've eaten bubur terigu (white wheat). But since young I actually prefer bubur pulut hitam rather than bubur terigu if I am given a choice. Strangely even my kids follow suit my taste >.<. After a few mouthful they commented not nice hahaha....Actually the bubur terigu tasted good lah, thick and creamy with spoonful of gula melaka syrup and coconut milk drizzled over :D
Recipe modified from : HappyCup.blogspot.sg
- 200gm gula melaka, finely chopped
- 150ml water
- 2 pandan leaves, snipped short
- 40gm rolled oats
- 200ml water
- 200ml coconut cream
- 50ml water
- pinch of salt
- 200gm biji terigu, soaked and lightly pound
- 1200ml water
- 3 pandan leaves, knotted
- 100gm sugar
- Place ingredients (A) in a saucepan and bring to boil till sugar is well dissolved. Strain the mixture and set aside.
- Combine ingredients (B) and cook till oats is thickened. Set aside.
- Combine coconut cream and water and simmer briefly, stir in salt. Set aside.
- Bring 1200ml water to boil. Add in softened terigu and cook over low heat until terigu is tender and swelling. Add in pandan leaves and sugar to taste.
- Add in cooked oats (step 2) and stir evenly to mix. Turn off heat.
- Ladle cooked terigu into individual serving bowls, drizzle over gula melaka syrup and coconut before serving.
Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Desserts Organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Aunty Young