- 500gm chicken drumsticks
- 500gm firm beancurd, cut into chunks
- 5 hardboiled eggs
- 1 head garlic, smashed
- 10 slices of fresh ginger
- 6 stalks spring onions
- 3 star anise
For braising liquid:
- 1 cup light soy sauce (I used Kikoman Premium)
- 2 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 5 cups water
- 5 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 65gm rock sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Blanch drumstick in boiling water briefly. Drain away water..
- Firstly, heat up your claypot or braising pot until hot. Add about 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Turn heat to low. Add the ginger, garlic and green onions. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the light and dark soy sauce. Add the water. Add the rock sugar , wine & pepper. Bring to boil. Do a taste test and add more soy or rock sugar if desired. Place the chicken drumsticks, beancurd & hardboiled egg into the liquid. Bring to boil again. Lower heat and simmer for 15mins. Turn off heat and cover the pot. Let the residual heat continue to cook the meat till done for about 45mins. Serve.
For my serving, I toss some cooked noodles with some sesame oil, braising liquid and spicy chilli pepper and some chopped spring onion! slurp!....
My cute princess looking so satisfied with the chicken drumstick ^-^