Do I look like a caterpilla?? ^-^
Vienna Sausage Roll
Ingredient (5 bread rolls)
- 200gm bread flour
- 4gm instant yeast
- 10gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 10gm milk powder
- 30gm parmesan cheese
- 128gm warm water
- 10gm unsalted butter
- 5 vienna sausages (I use 'Tatsumoto" Extra Lean Pork Sausage)
- milk for glazing
- Combine bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk powder and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix evenly and make a well in the centre. Pour in water and mix into a rough dough.
- Hand knead for 5mins. Add in softened butter and knead for another 5mins until a smooth and elastic dough is formed. Cover and proof for 45mins until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly to remove excess gas. Divide dough into 5 equal portion (approx. 80gm). Roll dough into rounds and rest for 15mins.
- Roll out each dough into a square, equal length of sausage. Cut into 6 stripes leaving 1 cm uncut at one edge (refer to pics above). Place a sausage at the end and roll up. Seal the ends tightly. Proof for another 40 mins.
- Glaze with milk and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20mins or until golden brown.