Soothing green loaf, hehehe can see the two holes on the loaf >.< resulting from poking the cake to check whether is cooked.....but....
the 1st 3 slices showed uneven texture, can see that some parts are undercooked and not well mixed, thanks Wendy for the explanation :D Anyway my son loves this pound cake alot, been eating them everyday hehehe...
I thought most pound cake will split in the middle, how come this time round it did not? Instead it split all at the sides "scratch head"...
Recipe adapted from Wendy's Blog
Ingredient (I use a 9" x 5" loaf pan)
- 115gm butter
- 50gm sugar
- 120gm avocado flesh
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150gm condensed milk
- 200gm cake flour
- 100gm all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- Combine avocado flesh with lemon juice and mash until fine. Pass it through a sieve. Set aside.
- Sift cake flour, all purpose, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in condensed milk until well incorporated. Put half the sifted flour in and mix on low speed. Add the balance of flour. When everything is smooth, on low speed beat in avocado puree.
- Pour batter into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 45-50mins or until done.