Saturday, February 18, 2012

Black Sesame Brownies

I've a big bottle of black sesame paste which my hubby brought from overseas. Was wondering what should I do with it?? Therefore yesterday night browse through the net and found this recipe!! How could I miss out this wonderful recipe!! Some bloggers have actually tried out this eg. Frozen Wings & Noms I Must :D



Moist & slightly fudgey as I reduce the flour and baking time slightly :D


I only eaten 1/3 of this slice, 2/3 finished my boy :D as for my lil gal, spit out after I give her a small piece to try out hahaha...


Ingredients (8" square pan)
  • 150gm unsalted butter
  • 100gm black sesame paste, unsweetened
  • 120gm sugar (can reduce to 100gm if u do not too sweet)
  • 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 80gm plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp black sesame seeds

Method
  1. Melted butter & black sesame paste over a pot of boiling water. Cool slightly.
  2. Stir in sugar & soy sauce.
  3. Stir in egg and mix till well combined.
  4. Sift over flour & baking powder and fold till well incorporated.
  5. Pour batter into a lined 8" x 8" pan and sprinkle black sesame seeds over.
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20-25mins.

Recipe adapted (with modifications) from Pig Pig's Corner


2 comments:

meinekueche said...

great combination!!!

lena said...

i find the taste so-so..i probably love it if it's less buttery.

Related Posts with Thumbnails