Making use of the sesame paste I've made few days back to create this nutty flavour muffins. The sesame taste is very subtle though I've added 2 tbsp of sesame paste into the recipe. Maybe should increase the paste amount?? Overall the muffin is light & fluffy with crunch of walnut pieces in every bite :)
Ingredient (5 muffins)
- 60gm unsalted butter, melted
- 80gm sugar
- 1 egg
- 125ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sesame paste
- 120gm self-raising flour, sifted
- 30gm walnut, toasted & chopped
- some sesame seeds
- Combine melted butter, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla essence & sesame paste. Mix well.
- Fold in flour into wet ingredient until just combined. Do not overmix. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter into individual muffin cases. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the surface. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25mins or until golden brown.