Noodle made from fresh zucchini? How interesting! I'm actually browsing on the web to find ways to use up my zucchini and discover this interesting method of cooking :D
Pumpkin, Mushroom Zucchini "Pasta"
Ingredient (1 serving)
- 1 cup softened zucchini noodle (refer to instructions below)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup diced pumpkin
- 6 small fresh mushroom
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- truffle oil for drizzling
- toasted pecans for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add in pumpkin and fry for 5 mins until brown at the edge.
- Stir in mushroom and dried thyme, fry for 1 min. Add in 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Add in zucchini noodle, salt & pepper and toss to mix well.
- Dish up, drizzle over some truffle oil and garnish with toasted chopped pecans, serve immediately.
Chinese Style Zucchini "Noodle" Soup - I've prepared another soupy "noodle" as I happened to be boiling some mixed squash soup for lunch. I've reserved some of the soup, add in some egg tofu, fresh shiitake mushroom, crabstick. Add in the zucchini "noodle" and boil briefly. Top with a soft boiled egg, a bowl of hearty zucchini " noodle" soup ready for the kid's dinner :) Phew.... glad that they enjoyed this healthy "noodle" soup dish.
Another useful kitchen gadget for slicing thick strands :D
It does resembles noodle ^0^
How to create Zucchini Noodle?
- Peel and julienne the zucchini lengthwise into long thin strands. Slice just until you reach the seeds in the middle then stop. Separate the strands.
- Place the julienned zucchini in a colander and toss with some salt. Set aside for 30 mins to remove excess water.
- Rinse with running water and drain well. Gently squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Place in fridge, uncover, for 1 hour to dry up the strands further.
- Use as required.
This is how it looks after removing the excess liquid
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.