This is another lovely yogurt cake which is really light and cottony! The texture is fluffy and soft like the Japanese cheesecake just without the cheese taste :D The cake is amazingly moist too though no oil is added, guess the yogurt added attribute to the tenderness of the cake. Guess I will play around with this cake recipe to come out with different flavours! ^.*
Recipe source : xiachufang.com
- 3 eggs, separated
- 20gm corn flour
- 40gm cake flour
- 125gm peach yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 40gm sugar
- Apricot jam for glazing
- Canned peaches for garnishing
- Combine egg yolks and peach yogurt together and stir well.
- Sift corn flour and cake flour over yogurt mixture and fold till well incorporated. Mix in vanilla paste.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk egg white until foamy. Add in sugar gradually and beat on high speed till stiff peak formed.
- Take 1/3 of the beaten meringue and combine with the yolk batter.
- Pour the mixture over the balanced meringue and lightly fold till well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan (wrapped the pan with foil to prevent water from seeping in). Water-bathe bake at 180 deg cel for 35-40 mins until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and overturn the pan on a wire rack to cool down.
- Unmould cake onto a serving plate. Spread a thin layer of apricot jam over the surface. Garnishing with sliced peaches.