After finishing up my first batch of homemade granola, I could not wait to make another new batch to replenish it ^0^! Compare to the previous recipe, this particular Pumpkin Oat & Quinoa Granola is more nutty and less sweeter. I like the idea of coating the rolled oats with fresh pumpkin puree prior to baking. This is really a healthier and wholesome granola compared to off-shelf ones which are loaded with sweeteners and other artificial flavourings!
Recipe modified from livingminnaly.com
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked red quinoa, rinsed & patted dry (rinse in a fine strainer to get rid of the saponin)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamon)
- 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Combine oats quinoa, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds and spice blend in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine pumpkin puree, oil and honey in another small bowl.
- Stir in the wet mixture into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Spread the granola mixture evenly on a lined baking sheet. (I separated into 2 batches)
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30-35 mins until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before mixing in the cranberries and chocolate chips. Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge.
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.