A lovely sweet flavoured bread bun for this morning breakfast before rushing my kids for their swimming lessons! I've baked the bun yesterday evening and filled them with SMBC with lemon curd (balanced from making the macarons) just before serving. The bread buns remained soft and fluffy overnight with a lightly sweet strawberry flavoured. This is a good recipe (I've made slight adjustment on the flour and yogurt used) and very versatile whereby you can change the flavour of the yogurt you preferred!
Ingredient (6 buns)
- 70gm warmed milk
- 20gm condensed milk
- 40gm light brown sugar
- 230gm bread flour
- 30gm cake flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten (25gm for bread, balanced for glazing)
- 100gm strawberry yogurt
- 30gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberries + extra for garnishing
- 3/4 cup Swiss Meringue Buttercream with Lemon Curd + plus extra for piping
- Combine milk, condensed milk & sugar together. Stir till sugar is well dissolved.
- Add in 25gm beaten egg and yogurt into milk mixture.
- Combine flour, yeast & salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the milk & yogurt mixture into the well. Using a bread scrapper, gently fold the flour into the wet ingredient and mix till a soft dough is formed.
- Lightly floured your hands and knead the dough for 5 mins. Add in butter and continue to knead till smooth and elastic, for about 10 mins.
- Shape the dough in round, cover the bowl and proof the dough in a warm area for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Lightly punch down the dough and knead lightly. Divide into 6 equal portions. Shape round, cover and rest for 10 mins.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten each dough and roll up like a swiss roll. Flatten the dough again and gather up the dough to form a round ball. Seal the edge firmly and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Cover and proof for another 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Lightly brush some beaten egg over the buns. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack before piping in cream.
- To assembly : Combine chopped strawberries with SMBC. Gently make a cut in the centre of the bun. Spread in adequate amount of cream. Pipe extra cream over and garnish with some strawberries. Serve immediately.