Hmmm I usually saute zucchini with prawns or stew it, never try eating zucchini this way by stuffing it with other ingredients and bake it prior to serving :) It tasted refreshing and juicy with the cheesy savoury topping. This is not my kids kind of food so I polished down two whole stuffed zucchini as my lunch ^0^ The balanced can be warm up later in oven when I feel hungry again ;P
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 200gm fresh mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 heap tbsp Parmesan cheese powder
- Wash & scrub the zucchini, split each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp. Steam the zucchini halves until almost tender for about 10 mins.
- While the zucchini is steaming, melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add onions and sliced mushrooms, saute till soft and fragrant.
- Stir in ham, parsley and seasoning. Fill the steamed zucchini shells with the mushroom stuffings.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese together. Sprinkle it over the stuffed zucchini. Melt 1 tbsp butter and drizzle over the bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 25 mins until golden brown and heated through.
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.