What's in this big container? It's plain cookie dough weighing 2kg+! This amount of dough which I've churned out 32 Jumbo M&M Cookies and one 10" round M&M Cookie Cake! It's time of the year again...for my son's 8th birthday! ^0^
is really huge, covering 2/3 of my palm! ^0^
All 32 Jumbo M&M Cookies wrapped up with the help of my boy :)
10" round M&M Cookie Cake
Tadah!! It transformed after simple decoration :)
Ingredient (15 large cookies)
- 260gm plain flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 170gm unsalted butter
- 100gm castor sugar
- 100gm light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- M&M's candies for decoration
- Combine flour, soda and salt together.
- Using a electric whisk, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 mins.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined. Beat in vanilla paste.
- Sift over flour mixture in 2-3 batches and beat until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Cover and chill the cookie dough for 30mins until just firm.
- Using a 1/4 cup, form batter into large balls. Alternatively, weigh each dough in 50gm each. Place the balls of dough on a lined baking sheet. (bake in batches if necessary, balanced dough to be chilled while first batch is baking). Gently flatten each ball of dough into a 6" round. Gently press candies into the surface of the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-18 mins (160 deg cel for 25-30 mins for cookie cake) until they are light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cook completely before storing.
H A P P Y 8th B I R T H D A Y !!!