8 rice parcels just nice for 2 adults and 2 kids for lunch & dinner!? These are the balanced 3 rice parcels reserved for me and my 2 kiddos for dinner ^.*
If you like chicken rice, you should love this simple version chicken rice too! This one taste much lighter than the usual chicken rice, with lovely delicate banana leaf flavour if you steamed it lightly to warm it up :) I think this dish is going to be appearing quite often on our table in the future! ^o^
Cooking in Happy Call Pan ^.*
I love HCP! Total cooking process only takes 20mins over low heat. Rice is moist and fluffy and chicken meat is still as succulent though I uses chicken breast meat :)
Recipe adapted from WendyinKK
- 400gm chicken, skin on (I used 1 1/2 set chicken breast)
- 300gm rice
- 600ml water
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 8pc x 12" banana leaves, wash and blanched in hot boiling water to soften
- Rinse and soak rice for 30mins.
- Heat up hcp pan. Place chicken breast, skin side down onto the pan. Turn on medium heat, let it sizzle for a while, add in water and salt. Bring to boil. Cover pan and simmer on lowest heat for 10mins.
- Drain the rice and put it in the simmering chicken broth. Stir to distribute the rice evenly. Bring to boil.
- Cover pan and let it simmer on the lowest heat for 10mins until the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Turn off heat and let the rice sit for another 30mins.
- Remove chicken from the rice and shred it.
- Spoon a few tbsp of warm rice onto prepared banana leaf, top with some shredded chicken and fold like a parcel.