Oh my you all must be getting eye sore seeing my GREEN bakes these couple of days! Do not worry I will be ending your misery soon hahaha >0< ...
This pandan cheese chiffon does not taste as flavourful as the normal pandan chiffon as it does not contain coconut milk. But the texture is absolutely wonderful! It is so cottony soft just like a piece of cotton! As it is so soft and light, me and my boy can just eat 2 slices at one go :D This 9" cake was gone within less than 2 days!
I've disfigured the bottom when I tried to unmould it, that is why there are no pictures of the whole unmoulded chiffon cake hehehe...
Recipe source : My Sweet Hut
- 40gm butter
- 125gm cream cheese
- 60gm pandan milk (concentrated fresh pandan juice + 1 tbsp milk powder)
- 35gm cake flour
- 15gm corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 tsp pandan paste
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 90gm caster sugar
- Double (A) until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Sift (B) in to cheese mixture and mix evenly.
- Whisk in (C) gradually till combined.
- Using a electric whisk, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, on high speed, until stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
- Pour the yolk mixture into the balanced meringue and fold gently till combined.
- Pour batter into a ungreased tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40-45mins.
- Remove cake from oven and invert cake on wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.