Finally I've made this pork floss bun which I've pending for very long! I usually make small batch of bread which can be consumed within 2-3 days. Most of the time small buns will be completely wipe off by the 2nd day :D So I love making small buns rather than a huge loaf of bread which may takes some time for my small family to finish.
Ingredient (6 buns)
- 100gm bread flour
- 50gm wholemeal flour
- 35gm cake flour
- 10gm milk powder
- 30gm sugar
- 2gm salt
- 8gm instant yeast
- 15gm beaten egg
- 50gm water
- 50gm water roux, 汤种
- 25gm unsalted butter, softened
Garnish : Pork Floss & Mayonnaise
Method (hand knead)
- Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add in water roux and stir to mix. Add in egg and water, mix into a rough dough. Knead for 5mins.
- Add in softened butter and continue to knead until smooth and elastic, for 10 mins. Cover and proof for 60mins or until double in bulk.
- Lightly punch dough down and knead lightly to release gas. Shape into round and rest for another 15mins.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions (approx 60gm each). Shape each dough into a long oval shape. Proof for another 50mins or until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Slit each bun on the long side. Spread in some mayonnaise and all over the surface. Coat evenly some pork floss.
sliced with a knife...
To show the texture is soft & chewy, I took a mouthful and the bread actually returned to its original shape. :D