This is my first time using Koepoe brand pandan paste and is taste better than any other brands I've used! Very natural aftertaste and the green hue is fantastic! a little goes a long way.....The first recipe I tested using this pandan paste is the CocoPandan Cake by WendyinKK :) I did not use any fresh pandan juice as stated in the original recipe. I've replaced it with 1 tsp pandan paste and some milk, therefore this cake is so GREEN compared to Wendy's one ^0^. I will reduce the pandan paste next time if I make this cake again. Other than the shocking green hue, the flavour of the cake is wonderful! Me too loves bakes with pandan and coconut! So you will see more cakes using koepoe koepoe pandan paste in my blog in the coming days ^.*
Recipe adapted from WendyinKK with some modifications
- 200gm self raising flour, sifted
- 150gm fresh grated coconut
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp pandan paste
- 125gm butter
- 70gm sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 50gm sugar
- Preheat oven at 180 deg cel. Line a 9" x 5 cm loaf pan.
- Beat (B) until stiff enough to defy gravity when overturned, but still has droopy peaks. Set aside.
- With the same beaters, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in egg yolks one after the other, beating well and scrape the bowl after each addition.
- Combine milk with pandan paste.
- Sift in flour and fold into butter mixture, alternate with milk.
- Put in grated coconut and mix.
- Put 1/3 of beaten egg whites into batter and FOLD.
- Put in another 1/3 and FOLD.
- FOLD in final batch of egg whites.
- Pour batter evenly onto prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.