- 60gm unsalted butter
- 40gm lavender sugar*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 grated lemon zest
- 50gm cake flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and pale for about 2-3mins.
- Spoon batter into paper cases. Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins.
Making of Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Ingredient (enough to frost 6 regular cupcakes)
- 50gm egg whites
- 70gm sugar
- 115gm unsalted butter, soft but still cold, cut into small cubes
- Lightly whisk egg whites in a mixing bowl, place over a pot of simmering water.
- Add in sugar in 3 batches, whisk mixture till sugar is fully dissolved (rub some with fingers, if it feels grainy, it hasn't dissolved yet), takes about 2-3mins.
- Remove from heat and whisk for 5 mins till stiff peak formed, thick and glossy.
- At this point, the mixing bowl should be cook to the touch but still slightly warm at the bottom.
- Place the bowl of meringue on top of a large bowl filled with a few ice cubes and water.
- With a electric whisk, beat and add in butter cube one by one, ensuring that each addition is well incorporated before adding the next one.
- Beat till mixture become curdles, stop the mixer. Using a spatula, continue to fold and stir till mixture becomes creamy and satiny. Add in food colour at this point if desired.
Gorgeous cupcakes! Looks very pretty with the two tone swirls! The texture of the cake looks very soft and tender!
Thank you for baking along with us and for the support given to Bake-Along. Cheers!
Hi Peng, your cupcakes are really pretty! The swirls are really gorgeous!
Kitchen Flavours ....thank u ! ^.^
Jasline ....hehehe cos seldom to piping so I actually scrape off a few times to get it right ;p
yes, i also prefer sm buttercream compared to the normal buttercream..and yet i seldom do it becos the process is longer..hehe...lazy me. Very nice colour frosting and also very nice piping too! thanks so much for linking it to our event, cheers!
Your cupcakes are very pretty! Everything looks so prefect in your cupcake baking :D
I have not tried swiss meringue buttercream before and love this recipe one day :D
It has been a great pleasure baking along with you. You are always a first class baker :D
Hi Zoe....thanks for giving me such an 'high hat'! ;) is my pleasure too to get to know more people sharing the same passion in Bake Along!
Peng, I love the pretty two-tone colour your SMBC has. They look awesome :):)
Your lavender cupcakes look so lovely :) May I know where did you buy the dried lavender?
Baking Scientist..I bought them at local Chinese medical shop ;)
This is one flavour I never dare to venture. Perhaps some day.
Post a Comment