This is not my first time making meat egg rolls. I usually uses a mixture of minced pork and fish paste for the filling unlike this Sabah version meat egg roll which uses only minced meat. I actually uses lesser minced pork as required by the recipe. I started to worry that the egg roll may turn out too thin as I was spreading out the mixture over the egg wrappers. hehehe But my worries are unfounded :P The thickness is just right and the meat filling is firm and tender though I did not use a blender to beat it up. I just use my wrist power to stir the mixture till sticky! Except that I should have rolled them more tightly as there are some gaps in between the rolls :)
Meat rolls served with egg noodle in chicken broth
Cooking the egg wrapper in my beloved Happy Call Pan! After swirling the beaten egg over the pan evenly, lock the pan and cook for about 1 min and the top is set! No flipping of the pan is required.
Left pic : bottom appearance of the egg wrapper , Right pic: top appearance :) Love the rectangle shape
Spread the minced pork mixture evenly over the wrapper (bottom side up) and roll!
2 beautiful egg rolls (before steaming)
Recipe modified from ILove.ICook.IBake
- 250gm minced pork (I use 90% lean + 10% fats)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 slice ginger, finely minced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Egg Wrapper : yields 2 egg wrappers using Happy Call Pan
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Combine minced pork, garlic, ginger, egg white and seasoning together. Using a chopstick, mix the mixture in one direction until it is sticky. Set aside.
- Using Happy Call Pan : In a bowl crack 2 eggs and add in 1/2 of the salt and cornflour solution. Mix well.
- Heat up HCP. Add in 1 tsp oil and spread evenly with a kitchen paper. Pour in egg mixture and swirl around to coat the base of the pan.
- Close lid and lock it. Cook over low heat for about 1 min or less until the egg is set.
- Using a spatula, gently loosen the edge and glide the omelette onto a clean plate.
- Repeat with the other 2 eggs.
- Cool the egg wrappers completely.
- Divide the minced pork mixture into 2 portions. Spread the mixture evenly over each of the egg wrappers. Roll up firmly. Place the egg rolls with seam sides down over a plate.
- Steam the eggs rolls over preheated steamer for 30mins.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.
My lazy way of preparing the chicken broth :) : 1 cube non MSG chicken stock cube, 500ml water, dash of sesame oil, pepper and wine to taste.
I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest Sabah Month hosted by Mary Of a Pepper's Love
Your Chun Ken are perfectly rolled up. Looks really yummy!
Like your egg skin turn out so perfect.
Post a Comment