Besides using pancake mix to make yummy pancakes, it can be used for steamed cupcakes! After trial and error with 2 brands of pancake mix, the Korean brand pancake mix cannot make it! The Japanese brand pancake mix turns out very well with soft & fluffy texture! Besides this basic cake batter, there are cheese, chocolate, strawberry flavours which I will attempt the next round :)
These are the terrible ugly steamed cupcakes using Korean pancake mix >.< the batter did not raise at all and the texture is so dense!
too cute to be eaten ! This is the 2nd attempt using the Japanese brand pancake mix (see the packing below) ^.^
is very soft!
Ingredient (5 cupcakes)
- 100gm pancake mix (Morinaga Brand)
- 1 egg
- 30gm sugar
- 30gm plain yoghurt
- 30ml fresh milk
- 15gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cake flour
- 1/2 tsp green tea powder
- 3 drops strawberry paste
- cocoa paste for decorating or food grade colour marker
- Whisk egg and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in yoghurt and milk until well blended.
- Sift in pancake mix powder and fold till well blended.
- Stir in melted butter.
- for green colour batter : scoop 2 tsp of the batter and mix with green tea powder until well blended. Spoon into a piping bag.
- for pink colour batter : scoop 2 tsp of the batter, mix with 1 tsp cake flour and strawberry paste until well blended. Spoon into a piping bag.
- Spoon the remaining pancake batter into 5 individual line muffin cups. Tap the cups lightly on the surface several times to remove any air bubbles. Pipe patterns over the surface.
- Steam the cupcake over preheated steamer on medium heat for 12 mins.